Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Chevrolet s1: Just installed keyswitch into 1998 Chevy s10.

Customer Question

Just installed keyswitch into 1998 Chevy s10. Now it will turn over, but wont start. Security light came on . What is going on? How do I fix? Mike B
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.The Passlock has to be "relearned"Do the following;1)Momentarily rotate the ignition key to the CRANK position (Do NOT start the vehicle), then release it to the RUN position (Do NOT key OFF in the process).2)Wait 10 minutes .3)Observe the SECURITY indicator.4)The SECURITY indicator will transition from flashing to ON briefly to OFF after 10 minutes if remaining in the ignition ON position.5)Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and wait for 10 seconds .Repeat steps 1-5 two more times.The new security code is ready to be communicated among the PASSLOCK sensor, EVO/PASSLOCK module and VCM/PCM.The new password ***** ***** on the next ignition lock cylinder cycle from OFF to CRANK to ON (start attempt)..IF the above does NOT work, then use of Dealer Scan Tool is needed to Programapprx 1 hour labor.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service.
hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try steps above. Hopefully it will work. Thank you. If this doesn't work, I have to take to the dealership?
.
Dealer (best).......
Shop can also do this, if they have Scan Tool to access......
ask first.........
.
hello?:
.