BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Chevrolet: my 2001 blazer has the security light flashing and

Customer Question

my 2001 blazer has the security light flashing and it wont start. when i purchased the car it on;y came with a valet key. I have never had or used a fob with it. is there a simple way to reset it? the battery is fully charged
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. You can reset this by placing the key in the run position without cranking the engine and leaving it there for 10 minutes. After ten minutes turn the key to the off position without removing it and back to run for 10 more. Then back off and back to run for 10 more. After this third cycle turn the key off and then try starting it. This will reset the system. If the problem continues then you have a malfunction in part of the system and would need to diagnose it from there. If this does not work let me know how you would like to proceed.