Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevy 6.5 diesel: I have a 96 Chevy 1500 6.5 diesel that is

Customer Question

I have a 96 Chevy 1500 6.5 diesel that is missing under load. I've checked the pmd that's not the problem any suggestions.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is Tim,
I will do my best to assist you
how many miles is on the engine?
does it blow white smoke?
tell me all you can
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The mileage is about 215000. It's always blown white smoke when starting, except when plugged in for cold weather. I live in Iowa.

ok
tell me,does the engine light stay on?if so,can you give me the computer codes?
does it blow the smoke when it is missing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No codes no smoke that I've noticed

explain the miss,,is it like one cylender down?

does the engine light stay on?if so,can you give me the codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've checked codes says no codes. It's a intermentant missing as you accelerate. Like a miss fire if you easily throttle it's not as noticeable. I've noticed that the canister of the turbo has more than normal oil around it?

ok
and you havent noticed any white smoke from the exhaust when it is missing?
it always runs well when it isnt in a pull?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes If I run full throttle at idle no problem it's when I put it in gear and take of and it's a automatic tranny

ok..from the way you explain,i think you may have a bad fuel injector,that is/was common with this diesel engine..though,with it being intermediate,determining the exact injector may be hard to do
thanks
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I u plug a clogged injector and how what do you recommend?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there a way that I can un clog blocked injectors first without taking to a shop?

well when i say a bad injector,im not necessarily saying that is is clogged,it may be leaking fuel at all times,or may just not be opening correctly..it would need to be replaced,, thanks