Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Chevrolet 05 silverado half ton: relearn key 2005 chevy Silverado

Customer Question

relearn key 2005 chevy Silverado changed battery and alarm went off. unhooked battery then reconnected. turn key on and have radio etc nothing when u turn key to start
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.
Try the key relearn procedure listed below.
30 Minute Learn Procedure
1.Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2.Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON, vehicle will not start.
3.Observe the SECURITY light, after approximately 10 minutes the light will turn OFF.
4.Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
5.Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes, the vehicle is now ready
to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
6.Start the engine, the vehicle has now learned the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password.