GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Carlo T-Top: I have a 1980 carlo w elect

Customer Question

I have a 1980 monte carlo w elect windows..because you can not find a relay for it they sold me one for a newer car..same type switch but wire colors dont match..3 on one side two on the other that then fits onto the back of the switch ..colors on new switch are light tan, brown, brown. and on the other side light blue and dark blue..my wires are pink/sold blue/blue w stripe/tan/brown..thanks for any ideas !
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay............Thunder Storms
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”
.
I can post what the Factory wires functions are, but I have NO clue what you purchased to install in place of the Factory equipment
Brand?
Model Number?
.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is no help at all....You need part numbers...very funny on an old car..your the expert...Window swithces are not that hard I took your response to a line mech..he laughed..said that would not help him either...I gave you colors of factory wires on the car..even telling me which one did what would have been a help..thanks for wasting my money and time !
This is no help at all....You need part numbers...very funny on an old car..your the expert...Window swithces are not that hard I took your response to a line mech..he laughed..said that would not help him either...I gave you colors of factory wires on the car..even telling me which one did what would have been a help..thanks for wasting my money and time !.???Did you not read my response?I posted I can tell you what the "Factory" wires do.............I still have no clue what you bought to install......