GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Malibu: I took my 2007 Malibu in to dealership

Customer Question

I took my 2007 Malibu in for recall to dealership big mistake. It was for powersteering cable, brake light and something else very minor can't remember right now. When I picked my car up there was a a check power steering and air bag warning flashing across my radio and the steering wheel turned to the right and locked before I drove out of parking lot. Long story short they kept my car two weeks calle me sai the alternator I had installed 3 months ago fried the battery and the computer so the problem was caused by me. I fin this hard to beleive as I bought this car new have faithfully chged the oil have only had to buy 2 batteries and an alternator its been a great car. I id take it back to where I had alternator work one they put another one on free of charge an said it started reading high they don't know why either. I'm a nurse and single mother with one in college was depending on this car. I just think dealership screwed-up the electrical system in my freckin car. Could that be a posibility?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !
I am sorry your having this problem
and the dealer is saying to fix this car now when it was 100 % perfect before the recall was done has to be paid by you ?
and the fix or issue the shop is seeing is the alternator is over charging ?