Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevrolet G20 van: I have a 93 chev G20 van i have no preasure

Customer Question

I have a 93 chev G20 van i have no preasure to right front caliper have no ABS light on, no kinks in line. It has four wheel ABS whats up ? is it the ABS
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !
if you loosen the line out of the ABS unit that goes to the RF caliper will you get fluid pressure there ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have not tried that yet, not sure which line it is have three LF, RF and rear
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure which of the three lines it is
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
visually see which line goes to the RF then remove that line off the ABS unit and if hardly any fluid comes out of that port out of the ABS unit then there is an internal failure inside the ABS unit or one of the internal valves is stuck not allowing the fluid to pass through which using a vacuum brake bleeder or brake pressure bleeder you can try to push and or suck on the 2 lines from the master cylinder that go too the ABS unit and the line ports at the ABS unit and see if you can get a possible sticking fluid valve to go back into position
if it unsticks just bleed the brakes and you will be fine
if it will not allow fluid to come out of just that one port no matter what you do the ABS unit would need to be changed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Gary you confirmed what I need to do just need to pull the the clips off the lines so I can follow them.Any more questions I will get back to you Thanks Doug
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
what i said is what you have to go with and try to unstick or possibly remove any debris that may be inside the ABS unit causing this issue
9 times out of 10 playing around with a vacuum bleeder or pressure bleeder and some patients you can get the valve to unstick
anytime dont forget to rate us here at Justanswer !