GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LT: there I have a 2007 suburban,

Customer Question

Hi there
I have a 2007 suburban, the car builds up gas in the fuel tank which renders it difficult to fill, the automatic sensor at the fueling pump starts tripping before the tank is full, it takes a very long time and filling should be done very slowly.
Is this a fuel cap problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Cam.
Can I get your first name please?
Sorry to hear about this frustrating issue. No this is not a cap issue, rather its a problem with either the fill tube to the tank or the EVAP system.
To check the full tube, climb under and inspect the hose. Make sure there are no kinks. IF none then lets concentrate on the EVAP system. This EVAP system is a canister that collects the fuel vapours and allows them one burned back in the engine. When a person drives dusty and dirty roads, the Vent canister in the back starts to full up with dirt. This canister is on the back above the axle area. MY suggestion is to replace the vent valve itself, and clean the canister. TO clean, use low pressure compressed air on the smaller 2 ports of the canister and tap the housing of the canister with a screwdriver handle. When the dust stops coming out then its likely clean enough.
Then assemble and that should correct your issue.