GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Z71: Did you ever find out what the

Customer Question

Did you ever find out what the problem was with the 03 Suburban climate control compressor not engaging 4 years ago? I'm am having the same problem
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Cam.
Can I get your first name please?
Sorry to hear about this. Lets start simple. On the accumulator on the passengers side fire wall is a small 2 wire sensor. If you jump those 2 wires, does the compressor turn on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Ok, do you have a check engine light on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i ONLY WENT FOR THIS BECAUSE JHOOP WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ONLINE AND HE ANSWERED THE SAME QUESTION 4 YEARS AGO AND I JUST WANTED TO FIND OUT WHAT HE CAME UP WITH BACK THEN, ORIGINAL QUESTION
http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/3zufu-2003-chevy-suburban-digital-climate-control.html
Jhoop is no longer on this site, but looking back on that one we did not find the issue. With the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) controlling the relay, and it working properly when you jump the relay, its possibly a wiring issue at the high pressure sensor at the back of the compressor, wiring to the low pressure cycling switch, some other reason such as outside air temp issues or even abad PCM,, thats why I wanted to see what codes are set and what the PCM is seeing.