BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Chevrolet Silverado 3500: i have a 2008 chevy silverado 3500hd

Customer Question

i have a 2008 chevy silverado 3500hd ltz duramax.i am getting a messaage to service trailer brake system.originally the trailer brake system worked however the system is no longer activating trailer brakes system.i have checked all the fuses and they appear to be fine.i checked and there is no power to the trailer plug for brakiing and the contacts are clean,all the trailer plug lights work fine.my abs light also came on about the same time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Typically if these lights come on together it is because there is an ABS malfunction and that is causing the trailering system to shut down. Many times this is caused by a failing brake switch or a bad connection at the fuse box. If you have a voltage meter I can run you through some test to find this issue. Did it just start all of a sudden out of nowhere?