GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet K1500 4x4: I have a 94 k1500 350 pickup. Did a recent

Customer Question

I have a 94 k1500 350 pickup. Did a recent tuneup and it was running great. A few days ago I started it and it started and died. I started it again and could keep it running by pumping the throttle. Can drive it that way but not over 20mph. Got me home. If I let it die it will immediately restart and run as long as I pump the throttle. Just got a fuel pressure tester but haven't used it yet. Any ideas?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !
we need to connect that fuel pressure tester to the line from the fuel tank into the fuel filter and see what the fuel pressure is key ON engine OFF it should be 7 to 13 PSI and hold withing spec for a few seconds