Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevrolet Carlo: It's mother's day and my carlo

Customer Question

It's mother's day and my monte carlo won't move out of park and I can't get the ignition switch to start the car
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !
I am sorry your having this problem
can you open the hood with the E-Brake on with someone in the car with there foot on the brake pedal and pop off the shift cable off the transmission metal shift rod and shift the metal rod by hand into neutral so the car will roll enough to be on level ground then reconnect the shift cable will the ignition then turn for you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not at this moment. I am not where the car is... Had to leave to for other commitment
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
ok give that a try and see if it works
let me know
i will be online most of the day
you can always get me back through this post with any follow up with this question anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswer !