Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Chevrolet Avalanche 2500: My 2007 Avalanche's A/C is working

Customer Question

My 2007 Avalanche's A/C is working but the blower will not work on any speed. I can feel the cold air but the fan will not work.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,

Ok, are you wanting to diagnose and repair yourself and if so, do you have a voltmeter?

Does yours have manual or automatic (digital) climate controls?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Digital--no voltometer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

waiting for answer

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,

Sorry for the delay but you didnt reply back until over an hour after I asked for more information and I had gone to bed for the evening.

The two most common causes are either a faulty blower motor or faulty blower motor control processor(resistor). Without a voltmeter for basic testing makes it a bit difficult to determine which since they are both electrical components.

They are located next to each other underneath the right side of the dash. The only thing you can test is the blower motor without a voltmeter, but you will need a couple of jumper wires. Remove the blower motor as shown below, then run a jumper wire from the battery positive terminal to the blower motor and from a good ground to the blower motor and if the blower motor doesnt run, replace it. If it does, then replace the blower motor control processor

graphic
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks