Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

2014 chevy Silverado 1500 3000km ....calipers are taking an

Customer Question

2014 chevy Silverado 1500 3000km ....calipers are taking an extra second or two to release and same as brake pedal return ....I am running 35 inch tires if that matters
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. Can you tell me the issue with the truck that led you to believe the calipers are not releasing right away ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I press the brake pedal it has a slow return ....it takes a second or two longer to return
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Is it ok if we continue this tomorrow am? I am kinda incapacitated at the moment. If not I can opt out to see if someone else can help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any ideas ??
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
ok, hello, sorry , i forgot about mothers day. so does the car run different when you press the brake? as if the booster was faulty? are the tires and wheels new?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
do you have the "hydro boost" instead of the booster?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tires and wheels are pretty new about 1000 miles on them .... not sure if it has hydro boost
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a 2014 silverado
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
ok i found it , there is a brake pedal position sensor , the sensor needs to be calibrated to the EBCM ( electronic brake control module) so you will have to find a shop or dealer that will perform the calibration for you. this should take care of the issue. if the sensor reads incorrectly it will keep pressure on the brakes which in turn may not allow the pedal to return as quickly , let me know if this is helpful. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any idea why it would need to be recalibrated in the first place ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what the cause was ??
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
the information does not say why it happens . but this would be the only reason for the brakes to hang and the pedal to slowly come up. i cant see new wheels causing any issue, did you have the truck before and after the wheel install?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I did
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
ok and does the truck have problems accelerating after pressing the brake?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
maybe for a second or two until the pedal returns ....then it runs fine....its like the brakes stay on for a second or two longer then they should ....
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
yeah, the only issue i can find that would remotely be your cause would be the relearn, other than that i cant see that being a issue, if it was the brakes would stay locked up and overheat and you would have way more issue than a slow pedal return. so its up to you to accept my answer but i dont think you really have a problem, also i see that if the sensor does need calibrated you may also get a warning light on the dash for abs maybe. i realize i am not giving you a 100% dedicated answer and i apologize , but with that new of a truck there are no common issues or bulletins and here at the shop we have not heard of a issue like yours before, i even called my old manager at chevy and he said the same.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
no problem. please take a second to rate my service and let me know if there is anything else you may need , i will do my best to assist. Lou