GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet: Well Dan..... I have an 02 trailblazer. It was running

Customer Question

Well Dan..... I have an 02 trailblazer. It was running fine, but now when I turn the key all the dash lights come on as they should but it's silent. No crank- no start. I also know the starter is good. Any advice?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !
can you see if the fuse called CRANK in the under hood fuse box shows 12 volts at it when you hold the key to crank position ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea. I do have 12 v when the key is in crank position
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
if you put your fingers on the starter relay in the under hood fuse box do you feel it click with your fingers every time the key is held to the crank position ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No click
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
if you pull out the relay with the key OFF 1 terminal in the box the relay plugs into should show 12 volts then when you turn the key ON another should light up 12 volts
can you check for this ?