Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevrolet Blazer 4x4 (Full Size): What's an easy way to remove

Customer Question

What's an easy way to remove tranny pan to replace filter
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is Tim,
I will do my best to assist you
this is the only way you can do it,,you will need to remove the crossmember
1. Raise and support vehicle.
2. Loosen two bolts attaching right side of transmission support to frame rail.
3. Remove two bolts attaching left side transmission support to frame rail.
4. Using suitable transmission jack, support and slightly raise transmission.
5. Slide transmission support rearward enough to access rear oil pan attaching bolts.
6. Place drain pan under transmission oil pan, loosen pan bolts on front of pan, pry carefully with screwdriver to loosen oil pan, and allow fluid to drain.
7. Remove remaining oil pan bolts, oil pan, and gasket.
8. Drain fluid from pan, then clean pan and dry thoroughly with compressed air.
9. Remove oil filter to valve body bolt, then remove filter and gasket, replace with new filter and gasket.
10. Install new gasket on oil pan, then oil pan and attaching bolts. Tighten attaching bolts to specification.
11. Lower vehicle and add five quarts of automatic transmission fluid through filler tube.
12. With selector lever in Park and parking brake applied, start engine and let idle. Do not race engine.
13. Move selector lever through each gear range, then return lever to park.
14. Check fluid, then add additional fluid to bring level between dimples on dipstick.
thANKS
\If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.