Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

Chevrolet 2002 Trailblazer 4.2: Have 2002 Chevy Trailblazer

Customer Question

Have 2002 Chevy Trailblazer 4.2 LS Rear Wheel. Reduce engine light comes on, gas pedal
get spongy, when temperature is around 35 to 40 degrees oil pressure will go from 40 to
0 and back to 40 when engine raced. When it is hot 60 to 80 degrees the reduce engine
light and oil pressure takes longer to get funky. I have replaced throttle body and accelerator sensor. One mechanic told me it was the oil pump. That don't make sense
The engine never knock, it always run smooth.
Khalid Sharrieff
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more.do you have a check engine light or any codes?? have you changed the oil with the correct oil?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Check engine line has been on for a while. I use 5/30 oil as recommended and have changed the oil and filter. I have been

using full synthetic for over 2 years

Codes P1280 P1275 P1271 This part was replaced before Auto Zone

did the test.

Code P0495 This part has not been brought. Note the truck does not

run hot; never have.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
ok p1280 and p1275 for the accelrator pedal , i know you said you changed the throttle body but not sure if you also meant the pedal ., if you changed that and it did not fix then the engine computer is bad,

p1271 and p0495 is for a failed fan clutch assembly and it does not matter if it runs hot, the fan clutch actually sticks on.

so there you go. sounds like a failed ecm.
and a failed fan clutch module. both are very common .hope this helps. Lou
Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Please take a second to rate my service so I may receive credit for helping. And if you need more info or have any more questions please let me know. I am here to help.