Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

Chevrolet Camaro SS: I have a 1995 Camaro. The horn keeps

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Camaro. The horn keeps going off. I'm wondering if possibly the airbag in the steering column might need to be removed? Even if it is not the horn issue, should I remove the 20 yr old airbag? thank you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
I would remove the airbag for purposes of testing the theory. If the horn stops activating, then you'll know it was the airbag.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. First the airbags have a 15 year life span for the gas to be ok. So the airbag should be changed. There are springs that keep the airbag off the horn contacts and after years they become weak and cause your issue. If you can wiggle the airbag with little force then it will be to be removed and checked for why it is loose. You may be able to even tighten it from the back screws that hold the airbag in place. Hope this helps. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ