GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2004 Tahoe. When I idle the truck and turn on air

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Tahoe. When I idle the truck and turn on air and radio the battery gauge dances . . . and when I hit the gas the RPMS drop from 1 to .5 almost like the truck is going to stall. When the air is on full blast very noisy . . knocking. Don't know if this is all the same problem or seperate. Alternator .. . Fan .... Belt etc.

Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Can you tell me if this happened gradually or all of a sudden?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The AC Noise when on high happened all of a sudden but maybe been 3 weeks since noticed it. Wasn't using AC so didn't worry about it. Actually I changed the air filter and it went away for awhile but now back . . . and then when I was driving home from work one day when I would make a full stop the rpms would drop and felt like the car was going to stall . . . no power when hit the gas. When I turned the radio off and AC off the stalling wasn't as bad and made it home. Also I noticed when AC on and radio on the battery gauge would dance more . . . upward. I turned the car on today to just listen . .. and noticed when hit the gas that is when the car was sucking little bit rpms dropped. turned the car off and listened to enigine was a hissing by ac pump. not sure if this is all related or seperate problems. I ask because I would be ok changing alternator, belts . . .

Or maybe can take to auto zone have them test them . . . or read codes?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Also. This is a third vehicle. I am trying to do more stuff myself with vehicles that is why not bringing it to mechanic. Has 130000 miles so i would imagine all these things alternator, belts, blower could be bad?