GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2009 Traverse that started running hot yesterday,

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Traverse that started running hot yesterday, my father is a retired mechanic and is 99% sure its the water pump... how do I find out info on whether this will be covered under the program on water pump seals? is there a fee to have a dealership look at it?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Edgar replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I'm here to assist you, you need to call to your nearest GM dealer with the VIN number of your vehicle and they will tell you if it's covered and if it's covered you don't have to pay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you have any experience with this program? even though the program is just for the seal, does it only replace the seal? or do they do the water pump itself anyway?
Expert:  Edgar replied 1 year ago.
I'm a Chevrolet technician, and I have experience with that program, what they do is inspect if the water pump is leaking and if it's leaking they will replace it at no cost, the seal is part of the water pump