Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

2009 malibu radio has power to large red white stipe thats

Customer Question

2009 malibu radio has power to large red white stipe thats it radio stopped working after seat removal and shamppood rugs no power from ign, thiisradio has xm but no amp uw5
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 2 years ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”.IF this is the Factory Radio:There is only "1" power wire for this Unit.IF you have Voltage + to the Radio, & the Radio is not responding, then it can be a "Communication issue" from the BCM (body control module) & needs Reprogramming or the Radio is bad.You can try a Reset, but you need to be sure "everything" is "dry" & no moisture.IF Shampoo was done professionally, many times the "moisture" can cause Radio / BCM issuesRESET: Disconnect the Negative Battery Cable for 1 minuteReconnect & try radioIF no response, the Radio will need to be tested via GM Dealer Scan Tool, as there is no customer input to test.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service..