GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Cavalier: Need to pass anti theft 2004 Chevy

Customer Question

Need to bi pass anti theft for a 2004 Chevy cavalier
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.
hi there, I am Cam. I can help you with this. The bypass is not hard. To be upfront first this only bypasses the sensor in the ignition cylinder, not the whole system, but 99% of the time that is all that is needed. SO you need to find a 2200ohm or 2.2k ohm resistor. I see them on amazon all the time or radio shack. 1/4 watt is fine. Then remove the trim and find the small 3 wires going to the ignition cylinder. cut the yellow wire. Attach one leg to the end of the yellow that goes down the column. The other end you splice into the black wire. Leave the other end of the yellow alone, Then do a relearn. Turn the key on and attempt to start the car, It may crank, it may start and stall or it may do nothing at all, this is fine, still cycle the key to start then release the key back to run. Wait 10 minutes with the key in run. The passlock light should be flashing and the DIC will say "Service Vehicle" or "Security" or have a picture of a car with a lock during that 10 minute span.After 10 minutes has passed, turn off the car, count to 10, and try to start it again and release the key back to run.Wait another 10 minutes.After 10 minutes, turn car off 10 seconds and try to start again and release the key to run.Wait another 10 minutes.After 10 minutes, turn car off 10 seconds and try to start again.It should start up this time. The passlock has been learned.During this process, turn the fans off, radio off and cycle the headlights off so the battery will not go dead. If needed, use a battery charger.