Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I have a 95 chevy suburban 1/2 ton with a 350/ auto. Tach and

Customer Question

I have a 95 chevy suburban 1/2 ton with a 350/ auto. Tach and Speedo stopped and transmission kick down does not work
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the long waitcan you check with the key ON if the fuse called TRANS in the inside fuse box shows 12 volts at it testing it in place through the little openings in the tops of that fuse ?the odds are and is very common that fuse will show NO or volts well under 12 voltsthe problem will be a bad ignition switch not fully powering that fuse which is the power for the transmission to be able to shift and for the dash cluster which the tach and speedometer gets its power fromreplacing the ignition switch should correct this issue you are having