George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Tech ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

I'm changing out coolant hoses on my 2001 Silverado 5.3. I

Customer Question

I'm changing out coolant hoses on my 2001 Silverado 5.3. I notiticed a difference in the original heater hose attachments at the firewall. The original ones have sprg clamps holding heater hoses sort of generic. the ones I picked up have a different attachments. Looks like a push on, which don't clamp on maybe this was for later model silverados. can I adapt this style to my heater core , male fitting with out changing my heater core Thanks Neal
Category: Chevy
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, Sounds like the original hoses failed and they replaced the snap connections with the clamp on. It is common for these to fail so you will have to decide if you want to replacve the snap in ends or convert to the clamps. I would go with the clamps if this were my truck. Please let me know how I can help Thank you