Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

Chevrolet G30 Sportvan: 1991 TBI system Chevy new ECM ran for

Customer Question

1991 TBI system Chevy new ECM ran for an hour now it won't start
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this hereIn order for the engine to start and run you need good spark, injector pulse, proper fuel pressure (9 to 13 PSI) and compression. If you can check back one of these things and post back which which on your lacking i will see if I can you determine the cause. You can check injector pulse by taking a standard 12 volt test light and place test end on one of the wires at the injector and the ground end on the other wire and crank the engine over, if you have spark, the light should flash.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No pulse at injector and the check engine light keeps blinking
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
The injectors are controlled by ground switching from the PCM (computer) and if you have power to the injector and no pulse then you likely hvae a failed PCM. You can verify this by running the test in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/PCM%20test%20May%205.pdf