Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have an 2001 white carlo and I need a white hood, my

Customer Question

I have an 2001 white monte carlo and I need a white hood, my other one is chipping really bad and I can't afford a paint job. do these hoods come already painted white?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.I will always try to reply back to you right away however please understand that I may be busy answering another customer back and thus it may sometimes take time to reply back to you. As soon as I return I will be sure to reply back to you as soon as I am able to.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Hoods come new in primer only be it oem from the dealer or aftermarket, they all only come in primer. Paint is sometimes an option depending on the place selling but they then paint them they do not come that way. So when they get it in they paint the part but they usually want the entire vehicle because paint will usually not match new to old.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
This means they will want to blend in the new paint to the old to help mask the difference between them. Thus if the only problem with your old hood is chipping then your much better off just having that existing hood repainted, it's about the same as painting the new one with the exception of a little more labor in the older hood to refinish it. There's no reason to have the entire car repainted unless that is what you needed.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!- JoePlease rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day! If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.