GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LTZ: 2004 suburban z71 new stereo install

Customer Question

2004 suburban z71 new stereo install battery drains within 2 days before drains overnight radio stays on now power windows and dash lights come on abs and battery light no gages work except tack and speedo is this a common issue if so what is the fix I was a tech years ago so I am experience in auto repair be a specific as possible and please use proper tech lingo
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !
if you disconnect the radio will it still kill the battery ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Stuart it seems some of these issues you are having might be related to one thing or possibly 2 things
when you say about the power windows what do you mean ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

power windows none work power locks donot work all gauges not working battery voltage is at 13.5 when running abs light is on battery light is on amp for radio does not come on but radio does, I was thinking this maybe a common issue with chevys nice truck but has 204000 miles

eight the 2 seven2 8 0604 cell

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Stuart can you see if the circuit break LT DOORS in the inside fuse box shows 12 volts at it testing as best you can to see if it shows 12 volts on btoh sides of it testing it with the breaker in place ?