Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

CHANGING BATTERY I SHORTED THE BATTERY WHILE TIGHTENING DOWN

Customer Question

CHANGING BATTERY I SHORTED THE BATTERY WHILE TIGHTENING DOWN THE POSITIVE CABLE NOW I HAVE NO ELECTRICAL POWER AT ALL JUST THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON THE DASH
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !
I am sorry you are having this problem
can you tell me the year and model and engine size ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2006 impala 3.5

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
do you have a test light or multi meter on hand ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not near car at the moment had to take other vehicle to work but i tested all the fuses under the hood and inside the car is there a fusible link on the car that you know of

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
did the fuses in the under hood fuse box especially the big fuses all show 12 volts and NONE are blown ?
if so we need to check the fusible links
there is a big battery power wire bolted to the under hood fuse box
off of that stud there should be a bunch of fusible links can you see if any of those are burnt out ?
usually they will burn out
if any are replace them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry i was involved in an accident at work just now getting back on my feet but the problem still remains on the car. There is only one wire coming off the stud and it goes right to the battery. Any ideas?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
there should be a battery big wire to the under hood fuse box stud and there should be another wire off that stud that should connect to a block of fusible links the links should be red/black