Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

05 cavalier 2.2 Eco tech. I just put this engine in and it

Customer Question

05 cavalier 2.2 Eco tech. I just put this engine in and it idles and purrs like a kitten. When driving after about an hour it starts to purge at stops or idles. I'm getting a p0172 code. I'm positive of no air leaks. And I'm lost because it only does it when the engine is warm for an extended time. Also some times the "trac off" light is on. It did this before the engine blew so not sure if it is related.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Some common cause for the code P0172 to set are the following

• Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor
  • Oxygen (O2) Sensor
  • Timing Chain
    . Vacuum leak.

If you are sure there are no leaks then the next step would be to run through the factory pinpoint test and see if you can narrow it down. See the factory steps HERE.