Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master, L1, 32 years, Diagnostic / Electrical Specialist

how do you check the transmission fluid level in a 2009 chevy

how do you check the transmission fluid level in a 2009 chevy cobalt lt with a automatic transmission
Hello, My name isXXXXX will do my best to assist you.Unfortunately not as easy as with the dipstick, it is becoming more popular in newer cars
You need to have the engine running, in park, lift the car or jack up the front evenly on both sides, locate the plug on the trans near the right side axle. remove the plug and the fluid level should be at the bottom of the plug opening. If not.. a suction/pump is used to put fluid in the plug opening till it runs out and is back to level with the bottom of the plug opening. This is all checked with engine running and in park
I wish there was an easier way but there is not

#65 is the plug

The oil level control plug (65) is located on the torque converter side of the transmission right hand axle seal passenger side.