Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics

Chevrolet Molnte Carlo: How do I reset the low tire presasure

How do I reset the low tire presasure monitor manually on a 2005 Monte carlo. I have an after market GPS kenwood
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

There are only 3 ways to reset the tire pressure system; Cycling the exterior "parking lamp" switch (not the dome light) 3 times, the raido (which obviously, you can't) or a scan-tool. If the procedure below does not work for you, then unfortunately, the scan-tool method will be the only other way.

Tire Pressure Monitor Reset Procedure

Important: There are 3 different ways to reset the Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) system. After resetting, the TPM system requires up to 30 minutes of straight line driving in each of the 3 speed ranges to complete the calibration process.

Using the Exterior Lamp Switch
  1. -Adjust all tire pressures to the recommended kPa/psi.
  2. -Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  3. -Cycle the exterior lamp switch from OFF to parking lamps 3 times within 5 seconds.
  4. -Use the scan tool in order to clear the TPM DTC.

Please remember the website WILL NOT automatically compensate me with a part of your deposit or from your subscription WITHOUT YOUR RATING! Please use the Rating System and *Rate My Service* if the information/advice I supplied has helped you. If you have any more questions, use the "Reply" tab – I'm always happy to answer follow-up questions! Follow-ups are always FREE! Even after you rate! Thank-you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where do I get the scan tool if I need it?