Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

My 05 Tahoe blows cold air in the front until you rev it up,

My '05 Tahoe blows cold air in the front until you rev it up, even after the motor is warmed up and the rear heat only blows cold air.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. This either means you have air in heater core or heater core is clogged. Air would only be in system if recent work was done. You can disconnect both hoses going to the heater core and use a garden hose to flush it out from both direction. The water pump turns as fast as the engine so when your moving the water pump is turning faster which forces coolant through clogged heater core which is why you have heat when moving. The flush would be about $150 to have done at a shop if it isn't something you want to do yourself. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

But, that still doesn't explain why my rear heat doesn't work at all

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.
Did you have a component in cooling system replaced that may have let air into system? Did both stop working at the same time or different times? Thanks.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No, I haven't replaced any components in in my cooling system, and yes they both started giving me problems at the same time.

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

It sounds like the heater core is clogged which will cause restriction on flow to auxiliary heater core. If it was anything else such as blend doors you wouldn't have heat at all so I would still recommend flushing out the heater core which should take care of the problem. You can feel hoses going to heater core, if one is a lot hotter then the other this means it is not getting good flow through it. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help or if you run into questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician
Experience: Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database