Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics

Chevrolet Tahoe LT: I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe here in Germany.

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe here in Germany. The shops want about $1300 for changing my right wheel bearing. Is it not to much? Is there a diffence from the right and the left part?
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears this Tech is currently "Offline". Now that the 15-minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...

On this vehicle, the wheel bearing is part of the Wheel Hub Assembly and needs to be replaced as a Hub Assembly. The Hub sells for around $440 and the Labor Time Guide calls for 1.1 hours to complete one side. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the botXXXXX XXXXXne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can by anywhere from $85-$125 per hour. As for a difference in the part- No. There is only one part# XXXXX for both side of the front, and the labor/procedure is exactly the same for both sides. So, it appears the estimate the shop has given you is defintiely on the high side. Might be a good idea to shop around and get another opinion.

Please remember the website WILL NOT automatically compensate me with a part of your deposit or from your subscription WITHOUT YOUR RATING! Please use the Rating System and *Rate My Service* if the information/advice I supplied has helped you. If you have any more questions, use the "Reply" tab – I'm always happy to answer follow-up questions! Follow-ups are always FREE! Even after you rate! Thank-you!