Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

Chevrolet: I just changed gas lines in my 2003 duramax diesel.

I just changed gas lines in my 2003 duramax diesel. How do I go about bleeding lines on this truck. I started it ran and shut off I didn't keep doing figuring I have to bleed.

Hi Rick,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Loosen the fuel air bleed screw on top of the fuel filter housing right next to the hand primer pump and pump the hand primer until fuel comes out of this bleeder screw.Then close off the bleeder screw and start the engine.If the engine runs and stalls out then more air is in the system and repeat the process until all air is removed and the engine starts and runs smoothly.

Then check for any fuel leaks in the area of repair that was done by hand pumping this primer around 5 to 10 times until it is firm with pressure,then inspect all fuel lines for any fuel seeping or leaking.If any fuel is found leaking then the leak needs corrected.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes worked perfectly thank you

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else in the future.

Thanks Pete