Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech

Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD LTZ: I am getting a P0088 code,

I am getting a P0088 code, Fuel Rail Pressure--Too High. The 2011 LML did not come with a fuel pressure regulator. What could cause this problem?

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

has anything been done yet to correct this problem ?

how does it run ?

do you get a fuel knock when driving it ?

if you clear the code how soon before the code will come back ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing has been done to correct the problem, yet.

It runs fine most of the time. Occasionally it will reduce power. Then once the truck is restarted it works just fine.

No, there is no fuel knock.

usually 2 days after the code is cleared.

David is this something you are going to fix yourself ? or you need a good idea before it goes into the shop ?

is this truck still under warranty ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am undecided about the shop, I would rather do it myself.

No, the truck has 82,000 miles on it. Only the power train is warrantied for 100,000

ok David with that code you either have both fuel pressure regulators bad or the wiring or connections at either regulator are the problem

can you locate the connectors and wiring to both regulators and do a very good visual on the connectors and the wiring as far as you can check it and make sure the wiring is good and the connectors are clean and tight ?

if the wiring is good and the connections are good replacing both regulators should correct this code and problem you are having

# XXXXX in the first picture is regulator 2

# XXXXX in this picture is the regulator 1