Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Chevrolet Avalanche 2500: 2002 chevy avalanche, new battery,

2002 chevy avalanche, new battery, only clicks once when I turn the key. I replaced the battery today because I thought it was bad. I was able to get it to start once yesterday with a charge, but not since, so I thought it was the battery.

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. A single click almost always means the starter has failed. To know for sure you will want to use a voltmeter to monitor battery voltage on both wires going to starter while trying to start. If both wires show at least 11v while trying to start then replace the starter. Here are replacement instructions, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

-

https://db.tt/AzDr3fge

-

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was pretty sure that was what you were going to tell me, but I needed a second opinion. I appreciate you time and your help. Thanks.

No problem, I am happy I could help. Let me know if you end up running into questions. Thanks Jim, have a good evening.