Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevrolet S10: i was driving home and my 2003 s10 2.2 just

i was driving home and my 2003 s10 2.2 just died. i smelled a lot of gas.i thougt my timing had slipped so i took it apat and check it. timing was good but with 150k on ichanged it.i have no codes.i have compression. ihave fire,.new wires,plugs,cam sensor.crank sensor.had the ecm checked out fine. it is flooding the engine with gas, even in the oil. i am stummed.do you think my computer has crapped out?

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

do you have a test light ?

its flooding so bad the cylinders will almost be filled with gas ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes is full.and I do have a test light.

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

ok disconnect all 4 fuel injectors

you will notice all 4 injectors one wire on each is GRAY on each injector

connect your test light clip to BATTERY POWER when cranking it over does the NON grey wire blink your test light or is your test light lite up solid the whole time and NO blinking ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we checked them and they are working.

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
is it blinking your test light or is it lighting up your test light solid the NON grey wire in the injector connectors when cranking it over
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is lighting up.

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

solid ? correct ? test light connected to positive battery power on all 4 injector wires the NON grey wires when you turn the key on light it up solid ? or solid only when cranking ?

Ricky im sorry for all the questions but I need to be sure to give you the correct answer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

solid when cranking.

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
ok key OFF no light ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

right.

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

ok Ricky if when the key is OFF the test light is NOT lit up the wiring to the injectors should be ok

seeing that light solid is showing the computer is NOT pulsing in the fuel and flooding the engine

this can be caused from either a bad computer or a bad ignition module a bad TPS or a bad ECT sensor

if you unplug the coolant temp sensor and the TPS connector will the light still be lit up solid ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

why am i getting any codes.i have a obd11 and it never picked up a code.it said dtc on powertrain has no code.when the engine stalled it made a faint clicking noise.and was smoking behind the engine.can the computer be tested?

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

the only way it can be tested is in the truck with a scan tool connected to the truck to see what the data list is doing and reading

can you try unplugging the ECT and the TPS and see if the light is still solid ?

if so when the key is on and the light is solid then the odds are the computer is bad with an outside chance of a bad ignition module

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i had the ecm tested it's good. i hope it's not in the head.i will keep trying and will let you know.thanks

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Ricky the cylinder head should not cause the test light to light up solid with the key on it should be off then when cranking it should blink the test light not on solid

Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience: 15 years GM master tech