Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

Chevy ext cab 1500 5.3 LT: I am the original owner of a 2003

I am the original owner of a 2003 Chevy Silverado ext cab LT. I have the upgraded a/c controls and I can no longer make the air come out where I want - example it will not blow all the way on the floor or go up to the defrost vents.
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

If you have already tried the Calibration procedure (removing the fuse for 10seconds) then the most common problem associated with this is a faulty Mode Door Actuator. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Remove the actuator and make sure the door turns freely with no binding. If the visual inspection checks ok, replace the actuator. I've wrapped up the procedure to access the Actuator into a PDF file for easier viewing/printing. Download the PDF file ((HERE))

Please remember the website WILL NOT automatically compensate me with a part of your deposit or from your subscription WITHOUT YOUR RATING! Please use the Rating System and *Rate My Service* if the information/advice I supplied has helped you. If you have any more questions, use the "Reply" tab – I'm always happy to answer follow-up questions! Follow-ups are always FREE! Even after you rate! Thank-you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ron, could you please be more descriptive of where to start, is this directly under the steering column under the dash inside the truck? or under the center console under the dash or is it outside on the firewall????

It's under the dash, inside the cab. Behind the center/passenger's side. You need to go through the center, but then up and to your right (passenger's side). If you follow the directions in the PDF file you'll get your bearings once you get in there. It sounds a little more difficult than what it is... but once you jump in, you'll be fine.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

again, not to be hard headed but I need to dissemble my center console?

Correct. The Center Console will need to be removed (step #2 in the PDF file). If you need the procedure to remove it, let me know... I can put another PDF file together.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes please send the info on removing the center console.

Sorry for the delay... once I got into the repair manual procedure, it's was a little shakey and spread out. I had to piece it together. I think this PDF file should cover it all. Download the PDF file ((HERE))