Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech

Chevrolet Corvette: why do my corvette 1990 tune port motor,

why do my corvette 1990 tune port motor, surges, when the motor is cold it surges really
bad. and once the car temp get above 180degree,when I switch the car off for a few min.
and restart the car the RPM is much higher than normal for about ten sec. an it come back down to normal.
Thank you
Herman
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

has anything been done yet to correct this problem yet?

has anything been done to this car recently ?

is the check engine light on ?

do you know if there are any codes in the computer ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

nothing has been done to correct this problem
yes my mach exchange out the computer

no the check eng lite is nut on

I am not sure about the codes

Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.
ok Herman other than the idle when driving or your foots in the gas pedal it runs great ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

yes when my foot is in the gas it don't hesitate itgoes.

Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.

ok thank you for the information

Herman you more than likely just have an idle problem and or the IAC controller is bad and the throttle body plates and throttle body bore is very dirty

do you plan on fixing this yourself? or looking for what's wrong before it goes to the shop ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

looking for whats wrong before it goes to shop.

Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.

the 3 big things that will cause this will be a vacuum leak,dirty throttle body or a bad IAC

the best action to take is have them confirm NO vacuum leaks

if there are NONE have the throttle body cleaned out butter fly and all so its spotless then replace the IAC screwed into the throttle body

that will usually correct this issue

since the check engine light doesn't come on and it runs great when driving its going to be a basic idle issue with usually one of those 3 things I said causing this issue

Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience: 15 years GM master tech