ClayA, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ten years experience, ASE Master and Advanced Level Specialist certifications. 2006 Winner National Ford/AAA Student Auto Skills

Chevy Tahoe: I just purchase a 2003 chevy tahoe with 135K miles,

I just purchase a 2003 chevy tahoe with 135K miles, It seems responsive, but appears to have the RPM's go up a bit much when going into 2nd & 3rd gear. It is very smooth, but does not seem correct. I have a 2001 tahoe with 285K miles & it has never done this. Is this signs of transmission problems or something else.
This can be a sign of the transmission going out if the RPM flare is excessive. 2nd and 3rd use different components (2nd is a band and 3rd is a clutch pack) to make the shift so it is most likely a line pressure issue. I would recommend you have a transmission shop check it out and see if they think it needs a rebuild. Most transmission shops will offer a free diagnostic test drive (call around if possible). However, it does usually cost if they do a line pressure test.