Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

2006 chev 3/4 and the overdrive trailer button does not work

2006 chev 3/4 and the overdrive trailer button does not work is there a fuse
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

Hi Bill,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Just to be sure this is the over drive button or tow/haul button on the shifter assembly am I correct?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes tow button
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
O.k.,what usually faults with this tow button as I have seen on lots of these before and had to correct is the tow/haul button wiring that runs down the shifter into the steering column breaks.It usually breaks at where the shifter rod connects on the steering column.I would remove the steering column trim covers and inspect the wiring from the shifter.If found to have broken wiring in some cases it can be repaired and in others the shifter handle needs replaced.

From what you have described here this sounds like the fault that has occurred and is common.

Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete