Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech

Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LT: 2007 Chevy Suburban driver side

2007 Chevy Suburban driver side window left open. Moderate rain over night. Have to go to work - sadly window won't close now - pulled into my garage so at least it's dry now. Any idea how I can dry it out or get my window to close? Tried twice w/out forcing anything - don't hear any motor noise etc…window lock not on - all other electronics seem to be operating. Can I dry it out w/ a hair dryer?

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

Im sorry your having this problem

is the drivers switch assembly completely dead or just the drivers window will not operate from that switch but all other switches on that drivers switch will work fine?

if the drivers switch seems to be dead then

the only chance to dry this out is to remove the drivers door switch assembly and try to dry it out with a hair dryer out of the truck

sometimes if enough water gets in the switch assembly it can short out the switch assembly and it would need to be replaced and the new switch needs to be programed with a scan tool to your trucks VIN number as those switch assemblies are also little computer module which need to be programed with the trucks VIN number to operate

so the best action for you to take is remove the switch assembly and dry it out very good with a hair dryer and also let it dry out for a day or two between using the hair dryer

if it still will not work it will need a new switch assembly

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yeah, I'm an average every day lady - not accustomed to taking off a door panel. Seems like I'm on my way to the shop. All switches but drivers side work.

Susanne just to be sure all of the drivers side switches are not working is this correct ?

im sorry for all the questions but I want to be sure to give you the correct answer

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The driver side switches such as the door lock, mirror operation and other windows are ALL FUNCTIONAL. Just the drivers side window will not go up. Thanks

Ok Susanne

at this point you have 2 choices if you can keep this truck inside or away from any water for a day or two and dry the drivers window switch with a hair dryer on and off a few times a day and see if it will start working again

or get it into the shop and either the switch is wet and causing this or possibly the drivers window motor itself is wet and causing this problem

most of the time if you are able to leave the truck inside and let it dry out for a day or two it should start working again

if by chance it will not start working again in a day or two the door panel will have to come off to see if its the switch or the motor that got wet and possibly shorted out where it would need a motor or a new switch assembly

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hubby just took off to the local shop with it. I imagine like an IPHONE in the toilet - if you leave it alone for a few days it may dry out and work. However I'm gonna bet there are no quick fixes which is why I popped in here to see if I can get to work by 8:30. Rainiest day we've had in a week. of course. We've moved on to plan B but thank you very much. If it is a situation where it can just "dry" out - sounds like that's the most cost effective. Otherwise, it is what it is and I'm stupid for leaving the window open! Thanks.

Susanne anytime

you can always get me back through this post any time with any follow up with this problem even after you rate us here at Justanswer !