Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

Chevrolet Express 2500: Im doing the brakes on my 2004 Chevy

I'm doing the brakes on my 2004 Chevy Express 2500. How do I remove a stuck brake rotor?

Ok, soak the rotor at the center and where the lug studs come thru with PB Blast or WD40. Now, if you are replacing the rotors, use a 2-3lb hammer to smack the backside of the rotor. You may need to spin it and smack in a few different places on the backside until it pops free.

If you are not replacing the rotors, then place a block of wood on the backside of the rotor and smack it with a 2-3lb hammer until it pops free.

Or, if you have a large 3 jaw puller, you can use it to pull the rotor off:

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes.

Ok, no problem. I have here all evening.

I forgot to mention that if this is a rear rotor that is stuck, make sure the ebrake is off

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do need more time. I haven't been able to get back to it and may not until the weekend. Thank you for your patience and help with this problem.

Ok, no problem. I will be here online this weekend in case you hit a snag