Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

Chevrolet Suburban 1500: 02 suburban 1500 4x4. Replacing starter,but

02 suburban 1500 4x4. Replacing starter,but oil dipstick tube is in the way. Does that pull straight off? Got starter out as far as it will go,but tibe is in the way. Please help with any tricks of the trade you may know. Thanks in advance. BRIAN

Hi,My name is Tim,

I will do my best to assist you

i dont see why you would need to remove the dipstick....

i will give you directions on replacing the starter....if you do need to remove the dipstick,,it does pull out sealed with o-ring

please copy and paste the link below to your main browser. I have uploaded more info on this there

If you are satisfied with my answer,Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can pull starter towards front of engine but not enough room to remove..I try going out and up,but the dipstick tube keeps me from doing so. So if needed,dipstick tube pulls straight out, sealed with an o-ring?
yes,,but you dont need to remove the dipstick....
please look at the link
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you sir!
you are very welcome
thanks for using justanswer