Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Cavalier: 2005 Chevy cavalier .It has a bad grinding type vibration

2005 Chevy cavalier .It has a bad grinding type vibration while driving straight or turning right.When turning left the vibration goes away. Any thoughts on this? I suspect right front wheel bearing Jeff L Milw
hi
i would think it is the left fron wheel bearing,,,the reason i think it is the left,is because you say it gets quiet when turning left..it does this because when turning left it shifts the weight of the car to the right,taking the weight of the car off of the bad left wheel bearing,,when turning right,it puts the weight on the left
thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Tim .What you say makes good sense.Also I found out this car took a shot (they hit a curb) with the left front.I will pull that side apart.JeffL Milw
you are very welcome....
thanks for using justanswer