Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT: 2006 silverado z-engine,

2006 silverado z-engine, hvac blower won't blow. Checked fuses, replaced blower motor, resistor, and control panel. No burnt wires or plugs. After replacing motor or resistor, I forget which, blower motor ran and wouldn't shut off once even after removing key. Not sure which direction to turn at this point.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. As of right now does it now blow or is it stuck on? Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It doesn't blow at all.

Check to see if 30 amp HTR A/C on interior fuse box is blown, if not let me know if it has voltage. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

30 amp htr a/c fuse is good and so is hvac1 fuse below it. Power at both with switch on. I don't have a voltage tester only a test light.

At blower motor resistor check red wire for voltage at all times, orange should have voltage with switch on high, and black should have ground. Let me know, thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I'm checking power going into resistor, I have power on red all the time, nothing on purple, and do not have a way of checking black ground. After previously replacing resistor I reintstalled old resistor, but still have new resistor which has an orange wire going to motor. I don't have access to an ohmmeter to check ground.

You can check ground with test light. Power test light with red wire and see if it lights when using black wire as ground. Also let me know if orange wire has voltage with switch in high. Let me know, thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Installed new resistor so I would have orange wire you are referring to. Red wire going into resistor has power all the time. Purple wire going into resistor does not have power with switch on or off. ground is good. Purple wire going to motor has power all the time, orange wire going to motor has no power.

Does the orange wire going into the resistor have voltage with switch on high?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Only red, small purple with white stripe, and ground going into resistor.

Ok, it sounds like the switch has failed which would cause purple wire to have voltage at all times. This would also cause the blower motor to stay on at all times which would cause blower motor to fail. Remove blower motor and see if you can manually power it on, if not it needs to be replaced. Then unplug switch in dash to see if purple wire drops voltage, if so replace switch in dash also. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. You can reply to this answer at any time without additional fees. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I went outside to check blower motor. Before plugging in motor, purple had power, orange did not. Plugged in motor and planned to ground orange wire to see if motor would run. When I probed orange wire it had power too. In my frustration I turned key on to see what would happen. Blower motor works correctly at all speeds.? I give up. It's working for now. Thanks for your help.

It sounds like you may have just had a poor connection at blower motor or resistor. Let me know if it acts up again and we will continue testing. Thanks again and have a good night.