Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech

Chevrolet Malibu LT: Im having trouble with the remote starter

I'm having trouble with the remote starter not starting the car also the trunk is not opening all of the time I replaced the lock /unlock switch on the drivers door yesterday the mechanic said it was burnout I'm wondering if this has something to do with it .My ESC TCS light is also coming on randomly and the brake lights are turning on for periods of time when I am NOT using the brakes.the mechanic replaced a relay switch and the fuse box under the hood this may have solved the problem has the light has not turned back on for the last two days not have the brake lights turned on.

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

im sorry your having this problem

after the mechanic replaced the relay switch and the fuse box your brake light and tcs/esc has not come on since? do you know if the mechanic cleared ALL the codes out of all the computers ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know if he did or not. The check engine light is off. It was on because it needed a new intake manifold sensor.

Ok Jerry right off the bat the remote starter will NOT work on this car if there are any codes in any of the computers

what needs to be done first is all the codes cleared out of all the computers in the car

then see if the remote starter will work

if it still does not work the remote needs to try to be reprogramed by a shop with a scan tool

and it should program with NO codes in any computers and a scan tool connected to the car

if by chance the remote will not program they must make sure the remote is giving off the signal when the remote button is pressed if it is not there is a remote problem if it is giving off the signal then they must follow a flow chart to see why the receiver is not reading the signal from the remote

but most I have had doing this it was just not working due to codes in the computer set and those must be cleared and if they come right back and do not clear the codes flow charts must be followed