Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 LT: I have an automatic a/c that is

I have an automatic a/c that is dropping out, I think because the idle is dropping to 500 rpm! There are no codes. The engine runs well! The idle is low!
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. This is a common problem caused by a dirty throttle body which eventually causes airflow restrictions during closed throttle conditions such as idle, starting, or stopping. You can get some throttle body cleaner from your local parts store and use that with a rag to clean it out good as possible. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.