Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LTZ: I have a 2008 Suburban 1500 LTZ

I have a 2008 Suburban 1500 LTZ with 80k miles. The service airbag system light just came on without an accident. Is this something that can be diagnosed without going into the dealer? Do I need a special scan tool?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. There are a few common things you can check but if its not one of them you will need to bring vehicle to dealer to have scan tool connected to read diagnostic codes. The first thing to check is the driver side B Pillar, check and verify the pretensioner has a good connection. If good inspect the inline harness connect X200 located behind the passenger kick panel. Then the next most common thing to fail is the front end crash sensor. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.