Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech

Chevrolet Suburban 1500: I got codes p0452 p0453 and p0171

I got codes p0452 p0453 and p0171

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

how does the truck run ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It runs ok once it warm up but i kno sumtimes i have to pat the gas to keep it running at times but after that its good

Ok BIll I think you may have 2 problems here but hard to tell right now

the 171 is a lean code and can be caused by a vacuum leak or low fuel pressure or possibly the MAF sensor

the 452 and 453 codes I would address first

both those codes are saying the fuel tank pressure sensor is reading wrong

and will trigger those codes

you need to unplug the sensor as seen here and with the key on testing on the terminals of the connector you unplugged see if the GREY wire shows 5 volts if it does then see if the BLACK is a good ground

if you have both and the DARKGREEN wire looks good visually replacing the tank sensor should correct the 2 codes

then I would clear the codes and see if the 171 comes back if the 171 comes back a scan tool will need to be connected to the truck and see which O2 sensor is triggering the code and go after a lean condition for that bank,fuel pressure or vacuum leaks

# XXXXX in this picture

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where exactly is the tank sensor code? And when i scan it it said bank one for the other code

ok bank 1 is the drivers side bank of cylinders

the odds are that O2 sensor is bad as long as there are no lower intake vacuum leaks on that side of the engine

I sent pictures of the is popped into the top of your fuel pump module top of the fuel tank

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks is it easy to get to? Or i have to drop the tank
I have thinner hangs and can usually reach it with patients.worse case just lower the tank a few inches no need to completely drop the tank to get to it